Hunt, Texas, located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country is a great place to spend the weekend! Whether you’re looking for some outdoor fun, local culture, or just an escape from city life – it’s the perfect destination. Here are a few of our favorite places and things to do in Hunt.
- Take a Scenic Drive: One of the best ways to explore the area is by car. Take a drive through the hills and experience the natural beauty the area has to offer. Head to Leakey, Vanderpool, Utopia, Medina, Bandera, Fredericksburg, or Kerrville – you really can’t go wrong! From rolling hills with wildflowers blooming, to picturesque views of rivers and lakes, you’re sure to find something beautiful no matter where you look.
- Guadalupe River: If you’re looking to cool off in the summer months, head over to the Guadalupe River and hop in for a swim! This river is so unique and perfect for tons of activities like fishing, floating, paddle boarding, or just sitting and relaxing. And with Basecamp Resort’s private river access, you’ll have the perfect spot to make a day of it.
- Crider’s Dance Hall: For those looking for some authentic Texas culture, stop by Crider’s Dance Hall. Here you can enjoy two-stepping, eating some delicious food and listening to live music. Rodeo competitions are held here regularly, so come and watch for an exciting evening with the locals. Your little one can even participate in the longstanding competition of mutton busting. It’s not to be missed, but take note: its only open Memorial Day through Labor Day each year.
- Bridget’s Basket: If you’re up for a spectacular locavore experience, head over to Bridget’s Basket. This farm-to-table restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner or a casual brunch with friends. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting, and the food is always fresh and delicious and – it’s no wonder why this spot has become a local favorite! Bridget’s Market also has take-away meals, local meats, eggs, vegetables and a great little coffee shop and bakery. Shop for unique gifts and take a stroll through their beautiful vineyards.
- The Hunt Store: Don’t forget to visit the Hunt Store for it’s unique food and flavor. This store has been around since 1879, so you know it’s got some great history! Stop by for a cold beer and a chat with the locals. And often on weekends, you can sit on the patio and enjoy some great live music…not a bad way to spend an afternoon in the Texas Hill Country!
- Basecamp Resort: If you’re in for the full Hunt, Texas experience, you simply can’t miss staying at Basecamp Resort. Nestled in the hills, it offers the quintessential Hill Country experience with easy access to all Hunt has to offer. With cozy cabins and glamping tents, there’s something to suit everyone. You’ll be surrounded by nature and just steps away from the Guadalupe River. It’s not just a place to rest your weary head, it’s a place to unwind, connect with nature, and revel in tranquility. Did we mention the 3 acre lake, private hot tubs and heated pool? Pack your bags, and set your GPS to Basecamp Resort – your adventure awaits!